The Shropshire Children’s Scrapstore, Recycling and Resource Centre (Scrappies) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. This statement describes how we collect and use the personal information that we may collect about you.
We collect various Personal Data (e.g. Name, Address etc) from you when you join as a member, day member, member of staff or volunteer. Below, we outline why we need the data, what we do with it and what your rights are.
The Data Controller is Scrappies and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose and legal basis of processing your Personal Data:
- We process membership data so that we can fulfil our obligations to you as members. This includes offering discounts on goods sold, notifying you of meetings and occasionally informing you of workshops and other opportunities. We treat the legal basis for processing your data as ‘Contractual’, as you have signed a membership form. The personal contact data which we ask of you is necessary for us to carry out this arrangement.
- We may also offer to add day members and other interested parties to a Newsletter Mailing List. If you agree to this, the legal basis for processing your email address for this purpose is ‘Consent’. We will only store your email address. You can withdraw this consent at any time, by unsubscribing from the list (which you can do directly with MailChimp using the link on every emailed Newsletter). If you do this, your email address will be removed from the list and you will not receive any further Newsletters.
Recipients of your Personal Data:
- We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as we are obliged to in order to fulfil our agreements and any legal obligations.
- Right to Request Personal Data: You have the right to request access to your Personal Data held by us; request correction to that Data; request removal of that Data; object to processing of that Data. Please use the Data Controller Contact Details above to get in touch if you need to.
- Right to Complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if you believe your Data has been mis-used in some way.
- If you have any questions regarding our handling of your Personal Data, please contact us using the Data Controller Contact Details above.