Scrappies Re-Opening on September 2nd!
We are looking forward to welcoming back our loyal members and customers, and we’re delighted to say that we will be opening the store on a limited basis from Wednesday September 2nd 2020, contingent on government guidelines.
You will understand that we cannot guarantee that we will be able to stay open, and that there inevitably have had to be some changes, which may have to alter again with very little notice if the guidelines change.
However, we have come up with the following plan for a phased-in opening:
Opening Times and Safety Measures:
Planning your visit:
- The store will be open on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10am to 4pm by appointment only.
- Please phone 07933 843 570 to make an appointment to shop.
- The last appointment of the day will be at 3.30pm.
- Please try to restrict the size of your group and inform us when booking if there are going to be more than two people in a party.
At the store:
- Please follow the exterior signs to the new entrance at the rear of the shop and ring the bell for attention, if necessary.
- If you let us know that you have mobility problems, we can make special arrangements for you to use the ramp at the front door for entry to the shop.
- For everyone’s safety, you must wear a face covering in the store.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance and in other parts of the store.
- Tape markings on the floor indicate a one-way system which you should follow through the store.
- Please keep a minimum of 2 metres distance between yourself and others wherever it is possible to do so.
- It will not be possible to allow your children to roam freely in the store. You will need to keep them close by you and restrict them from handling our stock.
- At the till please empty your basket, showing each item to the cashier and then bagging it yourself. The cashier is protected by a screen and cannot empty your basket or pack your bags for you.
- We would prefer you to use credit/debit cards to pay for all purchases, including small ones.
- Exit only through the front door of the shop.
- We would welcome donations of items for use in children’s education and creative arts on Saturday afternoons, between 2.00pm and 4.00pm, by appointment only. We cannot accept donations at any other time.
- Please phone 07933 843 570 to make an appointment to make donations.
- At this time we do not require the following items – yoghurt pots, butter tubs, egg boxes (please use your home recycling boxes for all these) or lever arch files. A list of acceptable items can be found here.
- Donations will be stored for at least 72 hours before we handle them or put them out in the shop.
Thank you for your understanding: we look forward to seeing you again!
Scrappies Management Committee
Situated in the heart of the Shropshire Hills in Church Stretton, Scrappies is bursting with end-of-line and recycled resources for craft, art and household projects of all kinds. Fabric, craft materials, stationery, haberdashery and a huge range of off-cuts from industries are just some of the items on offer.
Resources and Inspiration
Scrappies is bursting with end-of-line and recycled resources for craft, art and household projects of all kinds. Read More »
Improve Your Skills
We can arrange workshops, clubs and parties for children or adults at the store or at your location. Read More »
Can you help us by becoming a member; by recycling your clean, safe art supplies, offcuts and fabrics; by volunteering in the store or taking on an outreach project? Read More »
Become a Member!
Anyone can shop at Scrappies, but membership brings benefits and gives you a say in how we run the charity. You can find out more about our annual and day membership plans here. Read More »