Scrappies will re-open on Wednesday 14th April at 10am.
We are delighted to be returning to our normal shopping hours on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and happy to announce that you don’t have to book an appointment to shop. Please note that we still cannot take donations during weekday shopping hours. Information about donations is given below.
To make shopping safe for our members, customers, staff and volunteers the following procedures are in place in the store:
- Please follow the exterior signs to the entrance at the rear of the shop and wait outside till it is safe to enter.
- Only 3 individuals or family groups should be in the shop at any time. However, you may enter as soon as the “Scrap” area is clear. From there you should be able to see if there more than 3 groups doing shopping.
- If you need any help, please ring the bell.
- Feel free to move on to the next bay once it is clear of shoppers.
- We will make special arrangements for wheelchair or pushchair users and others with mobility problems to use the ramp at the front door for entry to the shop.
- For everyone’s safety, you must wear a face covering in the store.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance and in other parts of the store.
- Tape markings on the floor indicate a one-way system which you should follow through the store.
- Please keep a minimum of 2 metres distance between yourself and others wherever it is possible to do so.
- It will not be possible to allow your children to roam freely in the store. You will need to keep them close by you and restrict them from handling our stock.
- At the till please empty your basket, showing each item to the cashier and then bag it yourself. The cashier is protected by a screen and cannot empty your basket or pack your bags for you.
- We would prefer you to use credit/debit cards to pay for all purchases, including small ones.
- Exit only through the front door of the shop.
Donation of items for sale in the shop:
- We welcome donations of clean, safe items for use in children’s education and creative arts on Saturday afternoons, between 2.00pm and 4.00pm, by appointment only. We cannot accept donations at any other time.
- We will start taking donations again, as soon as we re-open.
- Please phone 07933 843 570 to make an appointment to make donations. Please don’t call the store as we can’t handle appointments there.
- At this time we do not require the following items – yoghurt pots, butter tubs, egg boxes (please use your home recycling boxes for all these and anything else you can recycle easily) or lever arch files. A list of acceptable items can be found here.
- Donations will be stored for at least 72 hours before we handle them or put them out in the shop.
Thank you for your understanding.