We are delighted to have returned to our normal shopping hours on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and happy to announce that you don’t have to book an appointment to shop. Please note that we still cannot take donations during weekday shopping hours. Information about donations is given below.
To make shopping safe for our members, customers, staff and volunteers the following procedures are in place in the store:
- For everyone’s safety please wear a face covering in the store.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance and in other parts of the store.
- Please keep a minimum of 2 metres distance between yourself and others wherever it is possible to do so.
- At the till please empty your basket, showing each item to the cashier and then bag it yourself. The cashier is protected by a screen and cannot empty your basket or pack your bags for you.
- We would prefer you to use credit/debit cards to pay for all purchases, including small ones.
Donation of items for sale in the shop:
- We welcome donations of clean, safe items for use in children’s education and creative arts on Saturday afternoons, between 2.00pm and 4.00pm. We cannot accept donations at any other time as we have to keep them for 72 hours before putting them out for sale and we don’t have very much storage space.
- You are NO LONGER required to make an appointment to donate items to the store..
- At this time we do not require the following items – yoghurt pots, butter tubs, egg boxes (please use your home recycling boxes for all these and anything else you can recycle easily) or lever arch files. A list of acceptable items can be found here.
- Donations will be stored for at least 72 hours before we handle them or put them out in the shop.
Thank you for your understanding.